HOW TO FIND YOURSELF
Do you feel that there is something more for you out there, that you may not be reaching your full potential and that there is something greater waiting for you? There is a fair chance that if you are reading this, you are looking for something. You might look for Fulfilment, Meaning, Freedom, Love, Wealth, Money, Abundance, Happiness, Growth, Passion, or Purpose. Others may have no idea of what it is they are looking for or perhaps have an inkling of new possibilities. If you are open to explore change and embrace the opportunities that come with it, you made the first step on your path to finding yourself.
What does finding yourself even mean? The short answer is that you need to turn inwards. You can have everything in life that you wish for, but to see it you must go internal, not external.
90 percent of people are living unconsciously
Most people assume that they already know who they are and that various things are just not working out for them. To a certain degree, that maybe the case. What I find as an intuitive coach more often than not, however, is that people define themselves by who they think they are rather than who they actually are. In other words, they unconsciously define themselves by:
the data they have collected in their life
the patterns they have developed
the experiences they have had
the results they have achieved or not achieved
the beliefs they have created based on these results.
I’d almost go as far as to say that 90 percent of humans are living in unconscious programming. What we perceive of ourselves becomes truth because we are creating our reality via thoughts, actions, and beliefs. What we believe, we receive, and the cycle continues.
Approximately 90 percent of our thoughts are the same each day, leaving only 10 percent room to iterate and grow. Most people are unhappy in their relationships and their jobs, they want to improve their health and wellbeing, finances, and live a better life in general. However, they don’t have the courage to change and find many excuses to keep doing what they have been doing in the past. On a positive note, this dissatisfaction can result in reflections about our life and who we really are.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO PROPEL YOU ON A PATH TO SELF-DISCOVERY?
Finding yourself does not have to come from a negative situation or trauma. However, the majority of people have never learned to listen to their bodies and intuition and only rely on logic to make decisions. As a result, they have suppressed their emotions for so long that it takes an “event” to wake them up and put them on the path to self-realisation and self-awareness.
Finding yourself requires going within and working through the layers of the mind, ego, thoughts, feelings, emotions, physical and non-physical until we reach a place of absolute bliss and stillness. It is in this stillness that we begin to tap into who we really are, into the limitless potential of our true human “being” rather than human “doing”. In my intuitive coaching practice, I work with my clients on every-day challenges and problems in their private life and business, and we do so from a space of infinite possibilities.
It might sound obvious, but you actually need a brand to market in the first place. With that comes an identity; a series of statements and defining features that make you, you. You’ve gotta positively explode through the mass of vanilla options in all your rainbow, glittery glory in a way that makes the right people gravitate towards you like moths to a flame. The market is overcrowded as it is, so don’t just become another number. Be totally irresistible instead!
There are several approaches towards finding your true self. Working with a coach will accelerate the process, as the coach will be your guide and help you map uncharted territory. Yoga (asana) and meditation are two very useful vehicles to propel you forward on your journey along with pranayama (breathwork), which is part of yoga.
Finding one’s self is not just important in life, it’s essential in business also. Living from your limitless authentic self might take time, but as soon as you start to take steps on this path, you begin to see shifts and results both internally and externally.
In conclusion, your true self, that limitless version of you, is always there to be unlocked. You just need to have the courage to step out of your comfort zone, in other words, be ready for change, and to bypass your current programming to tap into your unlimited potential.
“As the ego is no longer running your life, you are able to live with uncertainty, even enjoy it. When you become comfortable with uncertainty, infinite possibilities open up.” –
Eckart Tolle, A New Earth